What’s in This Tea Blend?
This proprietary blend of biodynamic herbs was selected for its complementary flavors and broad range of actions throughout the body:
- Oatstraw has a very mild flavor. It acts as a nutrient accumulator with targeted support for the nervous system.
- Red raspberry leaf is another nutritive herb. It has a more tea-like flavor and an affinity for the reproductive system.
- Peppermint supports digestion and clear thinking, and has a wonderfully clean, cool, refreshing flavor.
- Calendula is a beautiful mood lifter and supporter of the immune system, as well as a traditional healing herb.
How to Make Sun Tea
To make your sun tea, we recommend using a ratio of 1 Tablespoon of loose tea per 2 cups of water. So, for example, if you’re making a half-gallon of sun tea, place 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup) of Herbal Sun Tea Blend in the provided tea bag and cinch the top of the bag.
- Place the filled tea bag in the bottom of the container you will use for brewing your sun tea, and add enough filtered water to the jar to fill it. (A mason jar works great, because you can seal the lid to keep insects and debris out.)
- Put the lid on the jar. (You may also cover the jar with a clean cloth, but be sure to secure the cloth so that the wind cannot blow it off.)
- Place the jar in a sunny area, and allow it to steep for 2–4 hours, depending on the outside temperature and the sun’s intensity. You can also place the jar inside a paper bag to get the benefits of the sun’s heat while diffusing the more intense parts of the sun’s energies.
- Remove the tea bag and enjoy!